Road Closures for Weekend Events
It looks like a busy weekend for events. Whether you are out and about on Saturday or Sunday, from Georgetown, to Dupont Circle, to Pennsylvania Avenue, all signs point to people, people, people … and associated road closures.
I am happy that the Pride parade is going through the neighborhood this year. Now, we just need to get the event itself off of Pennsylvania Avenue and back to its roots. To find out more about the weekend’s events, go to the Capital Pride Web site.
For those interested in the scheduled road closures, the DDOT announcement is as follows:
Three Events Scheduled That Could Impact Traffic
(Washington, D.C.) The Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) has provided the following information about road closures for three events scheduled this weekend in the District: the Lawyers Have a Heart Race, Capital Pride Parade and the Capital Pride Festival.
Lawyers Have a Heart Race
This event is scheduled for Saturday, June 13, 2009. From 6 a.m. to approximately 12 p.m. the road closures are as follows:
- Canal Road from Reservoir Road to M Street, NW
- Whitehurst Freeway
- K Street, NW under the freeway
Capital Pride Parade
This event is scheduled for Saturday, June 13, 2009. Starting at 4:00 p.m. and at ending 9:00 p.m., the following streets will be closed for parade staging:
- 23rd Street, NW between M and O Streets
- 24th Street, NW between M and N Streets
- 25th Street, NW between M and N Streets
- N Street, NW between 23rd and 25th Streets
The parade is scheduled to begin at 6:30 p.m. at 23rd and P Streets, NW. The parade will proceed through DuPont Circle, north on New Hampshire Avenue, east on R Street, south on 17th Street, east on P Street, south on 14th Street, and disband at N Street before Thomas Circle.
There will be rolling closures along the parade route beginning at approximately 6 p.m. on the following streets:
- P Street, NW between 23rdStreet and Dupont Circle
- Dupont Circle
- New Hampshire Avenue, NW between Dupont Circle and R Street
- R Street, NW between New Hampshire Avenue and 17th Street
- 17th Street, NW between R and P Streets
- P Street, NW between 17th and 14th Streets
- 14th Street, NW between P Street and Thomas Circle
CAPITAL PRIDE FESTIVAL:
This event is scheduled for Sunday, June 14, 2009. Starting at 9 p.m. on Saturday, June 13, and continuing through 6 p.m. on Sunday, June 14, the street closures are as follows:
- Pennsylvania Avenue, NW between 3rd and 7th Streets
- Constitution Avenue, NW between 3rd and 7th Streets