Transom Restoration Project
Every time I start a project in the house it never ceases to amaze me what previous owners did to the poor girl. Upstairs the house has four transoms, and the first one is finally done and installed again. The image below shows it in the open position.
You may get an idea from the transom on the right on how bad they were … but in case you can’t fully see it, let me describe their state when we moved in. Each of them were painted shut by several coats of paint. In addition to that, the transom I just removed had every gap caulked and painted. And if that isn’t bad enough, the transom above to the right is also nailed shut.
This is going to take a while.