Archive for the Duffey, Matthias ( -1852) Category

Lost Washington

Posted in Churches, Downtown, Duffey, Matthias ( -1852), Greek Revival, Lost Washington on January 29, 2009 by Kent

St. Mathew’s Church, designed by Matthias Duffey, was erected on the northeast corner of H and 15th Street in 1838. It was razed in 1910 to make way for the Southern Building. (image courtesy Library of Congress, Prints and Photographs Division, image #npcc 31580)st-mathews-church